me

me
Before/After

Monday 9 April 2012

Apparently it's 13 days till the 2012 London Marathon!

Well yes it's less than 2 weeks away to the Marathon!!!, Don't know what i'm going to do with myself after it's over??  Oh I know, I'll carry on training for the Great North Run in September lol. All this training does take a lot of my time up though, so looking forward to not playing  catch up with my life when it's all over. This week will be our last intense training week, I'm planing on doing 2 runs a day and lots of gym work in between. Then next week , we bring our training back and taper off until the 'BIG ONE'. A little worried though because my Hunk of Hoo has still got his chest infection. He started with it over 2 months ago now, he's really struggling breathing at the moment and he's been taking his asthma inhaler too. So first thing tomorrow he's booking a doctors appointment so he can get some antibiotics to hopefully clear it up before our run. Also today I've started with a bad neck. I've had a reoccurring whiplash injury  for the last 6 years, it comes back to haunt me a couple of times a year and usually lasts up to 3 months at a time. At it's worst I cant sleep and I need treatment from my osteopath and strong prescription drugs from my doctor, so hoping it's not returning and it's just because I slept in a funny position last night.
This week a good friend of ours is leaving the gym we use to set up on his own. We our going to miss him like mad. He's been a real help with our training and has always been there to advice and help us both. I might get more work done at the gym if he's not there though, as we do tend to chat a little too much lol. We wish him all the luck in the world with his new venture, but i'm sure he wont need it! Big (((hugs))) Darren Salmon AKA 'The Terminator' x.
I've had a very busy and exiting Easter. Been extremely busy with my internet chocolate brownie orders as well as supplying 2 massive orders to a very nice food hamper business. They had a stand at the Chester Food & Drink Festival and they asked me to supply them with my brownies. I got a phone call at 2.30pm on their first day saying they had completely sold out and could I bake another huge order for the next day. I did and we dropped them off first thing on Easter Sunday before we went onto Alton Towers.
For an Easter surprise for the kids, me & my Hunk of Hoo had decided to take them  to Alton Towers for the day because it's been so long, well over a year since having a family day out because of little Christopher's heart surgery and then his recovery and medication. So this was going to be a very big family occasion indeedy. Anyways, we get to Alton Towers and I remember I hadn't picked my purse up and we had no money to pay with, eeeekkkkkkk! We ransacked the car and found a new bank card that had dropped out of Hunk of Hoos pocket earlier in the day. We were so relieved, so we went to pay, but Hunk of Hoo couldn't remember his new card number and eventually he had so many tries it got blocked so we couldn't pay with it anyway. The lovely cashier on the till asked how much we had and after coppering up we managed to get £75 together, we negotiated the ticket price for all 5 of us down to £85, then the cashier said I can give you a voucher and knock off another £10, so in the end we just had enough to get in, phewwwwwww that was a very close call. We all had a lovely day, even me ,after being the butt of so many jokes all day. My fam seem to spend the day laughing at me on the rides as I am a little embarrassing I suppose. I did discover I'm way too old for all that, even the very tame rides scared me half to death, I literally thought I was going to die on a few occasions. If we ever go again I've promised myself I'm never ever going on anything and I'll just be the one left looking after bags lol. x♥ox♥o

No comments:

Post a Comment