me

me
Before/After

Friday 6 January 2012

Week One!

The first week of January is nearly  done & dusted, hope everyone's feeling fit as a fiddle and there's no January blues going around??!!??  Me, I'm rearing to go!!
Spent a lot of time this week at hospitals, on appointments , and I am happy to say no great changes in everyone's health here at the Forrest Family (which is always a good thing), oh, apart from, after a year of on going test's, I've just been diagnosed with Endometriosis. I've still got more test's to have next month to see how my consultant is going to treat it. I feel good apart from the extra bleeding from other areas when i'm on my periods and I also feel rubbish and have heavy legs at those times too. In saying that I ran on the treadmill at my gym for 2 hours the day I was diagnosed and I felt flipping fine'ish, considering I was on my periods and I felt I was dragging lead weights around on my legs !! Please believe me, I only ever brag about my running because I'm still in shock that I can. I spent so many years  morbidly obese, not being able walk very far. Also, I might sound like I enjoy running but I can categorically state 'I HATE IT'. The only time I enjoy it is when I've finished a run and I feel amazing and obviously I do it all for my charity, which I'm working very hard raising money and awareness for. I do think keeping a healthy diet and doing lots of exercise helps with lots of conditions though, I know from experience that when I was 14 stone heavier, I had lots of medical issues and 'ALL' of them have cleared up since losing my weight, I know it doesn't always work for everything and everyone but really  it has to help.
My training for the London Marathon is going really well and I feel good now all the Christmas junk food has been eaten or put away and we're eating extra portions of fruit and veg. I hate all those temptations at Christmas, but I'm pleased to say I didn't put on any weight, well I don't think I did! You see I didn't weigh until today so as to not mess my head up and now I am the same weight as before the party season began. One of my top tips is to hide those 'evil' weighing scales. I spent years being a slave to them and really, at the end of the day, it's all about how you feel, you can tell from your clothes if you've lost or put on weight, I don't need my scales to tell me this. It totally messes with my head, if I've lost but only a bit I'm disappointed!!! If I've gained because of water retention and it's that time of the month, then I'm gutted again and I'm more likely to seek solace in junk foods.Once a  month is plenty. Through my weight loss, I use'd to get Chris to hide our scales in our loft because I knew I couldn't get up to get them!!! It really does help.
Well, I've had Sushi for lunch courtesy of Tesco's home delivery. I just love fish and now I live a healthy lifestyle I pick healthy tasty things to eat. It's the quality with me these days not the quantity. Don't get my wrong, I couldn't afford to feed the whole family everyday on this stuff, but for a treat for myself when I'm training so hard, it's nice and it gives me something to look forward to at meal times. Tea tonight will be a large brown pitta bread topped with a low cal houmous, topped off with slices of red pepper, cherry tomatoes and red onions, then for pud, natural yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, honey, dried apricots and grape nuts. Then much later on, when we're all snuggled up watching the telly, I'll join the family and have an options hot chocolate drink, well it is Friday night lol!!!
Oh, before I go, the feature editor from Chat Magazine rang earlier to tell my my featured article about my weight loss has been published in their monthly magazine (NOT their weekly one) It's a special addition magazine all about weight loss and it's on sale now and is out all January.
All year round friends and people I don't even know get in touch with me to ask about how I lost my weight and have I got any tips and handy hints for them, no more so than this past week. I do always try to help everyone, well I've been there and come out the other side and still maintain it, I call myself a recovering foodaholic because that is what I am, I will always struggle with food, but now I finally know how to mange it and stay healthy. It's really rewarding for me to be able to pass on my knowledge and I really do hope it helps others. There really is no better way than taking advice from someone who has experienced all of these issues and achieved massive lifestyle changes. I spent the last 20+ years being morbidly obese and thinking the only option was surgery (that was no option for me) or diet groups, I am extremely pleased to say it can be achieved and maintained all on your own, I am living proof!!! x
         

1 comment:

  1. The lovely thing about your eating and weight loss regime is that you make eating fun! You love your food and that comes across all through your musings... its a refreshing change! x

    ReplyDelete