me

me
Before/After

Saturday 28 January 2012

Last week of January!

Well what a week! Christopher sang & danced his heart out at the M.E.N on Tuesday night, how proud was I?? I cried my eyes out the whole 2 hours & 15 minutes, never been as proud, it was immense and so overwhelming. He did pay the price though and didn't go to school the next day because he was so tired and lifeless, so we spent the day snuggling and eating the left over crimbo chocolates as a treat!!!!. If you all hadn't noticed 'I love all my kids so much it hurts'. Millie and Alex also had a great week. Millie got her school report, which was glowing as ever and her parents evening was the same. All her teachers said she's a joy to teach and a fantastic member of society. She tries her hardest at everything she does, which we already knew because if there's one thing I try to instill in my children it's that anything is possible and you should give every opportunity a go and put 100% into it, which I think they all do. Sometimes, when I pick Millie up from school and watch her walking towards me, she totally blows my mind. She's had so many hurdles to get over in life and she's achieved so much, all this with her disabilities, she is truly inspirational and she certainly inspires me on a daily basis. Alex had a great week too, her training session on Sunday with the Lancashire Girls Golf Team went well and she also had a great write up about all her golf achievements over the last couple of years in the Longridge Golf Club news letter/e-mail. Alex is the quiet one of our family, but don't let that trick you into thinking she's soft, because that girl has got some serious courage and strength going on.
I've hit the wall with my training for the London Marathon this week and everything is overwhelming me. My running and gym work are going well but I'm just feeling the pressure of keeping focused. I'm so hungry all the time and I'm trying so hard to eat as healthy as I can because I do understand the importance of it when your training so hard. Hoping next week will be a turning point after we get this birthday weekend over with. I always struggle at this time every year since Christopher was born, mainly because we went through so much for the first nine weeks of his life as he hung in there. It's harder for me this year because of  what he went through last summer. Things could have turned out so differently for us all and that frightens the life out of me. It's just something I have to find a way of dealing with and get myself out of this- end of January rut- I'm in, I'm so tearful all the time.
Sunday will be Christopher's 11th birthday and that in itself is an amazing achievement with everything he's been through in his short life. So we make every birthday a special one. Going through what Christopher has keeps me grounded and makes me not take life for granted, as there's always someone worse off and Christopher is doing amazing. He's been through it and he'll always have his heart condition, which he'll need treatment & drugs for, but hopefully he will carry on doing well and achieving his dreams. He goes back to Alder Hey next Monday for a M.O.T on his heart and hopefully he'll have some good news about one of his drugs, we'll see. For the moment he carries on being closely monitored because of the surgery he had last year. Hopefully, someday, his appointments and tests will go down in numbers and he can get back to playing his beloved football, but if that's the price we have to pay for sharing our lives with him then it's a small price. So today I've been ordered to make 2 fudge cakes for Christophers'  birthday cakes, one for Sunday and one for his class at school to enjoy. Every year when he blows out his candles we all wish for the same thing, so far our wishes have come true and Christopher carries on getting stronger and stronger. Here's to many more wishes coming true for my ickle man. Good luck to Christopher for Monday at Alder Hey Children's Hospital and hopefully good news! xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment