me

me
Before/After

Wednesday 18 January 2012

3rd week of Jan ♥

Went out for a lovely surprise romantic meal with my hunk of hoo this week. He even surprised me with a gorgeous new top. I do pull his leg, I call him my Gok Wan/Vidal Sassoon, I try not to give him too much credit - it would only go to his head, but he does have really good taste. He's great to take shopping as he'll tell you exactly what you look like when trying clothes on, he definitely isn't one to say everything looks good on you and he never gets bored, bonus! At times it does get a little annoying that he's so honest, but all my friends think that's a wonderful thing and they all wish their fellas were like that. I will give him 10 out of 10 for being very romantic and having good taste, well he did marry me lol.!!!!
Well I've had a fantastic response to posting some of my recipes on my facebook wall, so much so that I'm working on a fantastic idea with the lovely Rosemary Melbourne, watch this space.
My little Christopher is singing at the M.E.N next week with his after school 'Glee Club'. He's beyond excited, bless. We're all going to watch him and I'm pretty sure, even though it's at the M.E.N and it's such a massive place, we'll still be able to hear him, think he takes after his Mummy!!
It's also Christopher's 11th birthday on the Sunday of that week and he's having a friend to sleep over and they're going to watch WWE all night, apparently. So proud of that little boy and what he's achieved in his short life, he's overcome such adversity and come out the other end still smiling and happy. On the Monday after his birthday, he has another big M.O.T at Alder Hey Children's Hospital to see how things are. It's not all been plan sailing since spending all summer in hospital with him, I can tell you, and at times he's such a huge worry for us all. He's come home from school twice this week because he's not been well and then he's had a series of what I think are heart palpitations, nothings ever simple,  I do hope this is just a glitch and he carry's making a good recovery from his surgery.
Third week into January and so many people are starting to wane with their NY resolutions, it is hard to stay focused and on track, but by February things should start getting easier, you just have to persevere in whatever you're trying to stick to, whether it's staying fit or to lose weight or to stop smoking etc etc, keep strong and carry on. You've got to be in it to win it! Summer will soon be here and what a different person you'll feel.
My marathon training is going well, my leg feels much better after being fitted once again for new running shoes. Back to pounding those Longridge streets. Started going out at 6am for a run before life starts for the day, then coming home to microwaved porridge made with water and a touch of skimmed milk, honey, sultanas and dried apricots. You should try it, it certainly makes a difference having a good healthy breakfast inside  you and it's slow releasing too, so keeps you going all morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment