me

me
Before/After

Friday 9 September 2011

Tuesday 16th August

As it turned out this was the worst day of our lives. Ward round this morning told us we could go home Thursday, as long everything was ok. Good job I didn't hold my breath!
This afternoon we were sent for another scan on the lump in Christopher's groin. He even fell asleep having it done.
We came back to the ward and it went downhill  from there, rapidly.
Once his surgeon had the results they came to talk to me and I was taken out of the room, so I could sense straight away this wasn't going to be good. They told me, Christopher's lump was the size of a golf ball and needed to be removed. They weren't sure it if was filled with puss or fluid. They then went on to explain that this would be done in theatre and because of where it was, it could be attached to one of his main arteries and even in theatre it was a potentially fatal procedure.
I was in total shock, this was the worst thing in the whole 6 weeks that we had to deal with.
How could I go back into Christopher's room in this state?? I was hysterical. Christopher's nurse told me to go and get a coffee and ring Dad up while she stayed by Christopher's bedside.
As I left the front entrance of the hospital and started to dial Chris, as I looked up I could see Chris & my girls walking towards me, smiling. I have never, ever been so pleased to see them in my life. Chris had no idea what I'd been told and when I explained it to him, he couldn't believe what I was saying. Christopher had come so far, this couldn't possibly be happening. Needless to say there wasn't much sleep for everyone that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment