me

me
Before/After

Saturday 27 August 2011

Monday 8th August

Christopher slept till 2pm. That's not a good sign, I start to worry a little. His nurse for the day thinks it might be a combination of all the drugs he's on and reassures me not to worry.
When he eventually wakes, he's in such pain he's shouting out and crying. then he starts turning blue and I start to panic. They give him morphine and put him on oxygen, which he's been on ever since. They say this sometimes happens when the chest drains have been in a while. They start to rub up against your lungs and it can be very painful. This wont get any better until they're removed, so their going to keep him on morphine for now. Gosh it all gave me a fright, I thought something awful was going to happen to him, he was in such pain. Cant wait for tomorrow when he goes back to theatre and we get some answers. They might even remove his drains while he's there.
It's been so hard on all of us. Chris hasn't been back to work yet because every week Christopher has had some kind of surgery and we don't know if we're coming or going. Everyday something happens and it's usually a biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment