me

me
Before/After

Saturday 27 August 2011

Thurday 21st July

Christopher is going back to theatre, there's been loads of pa-lava with his bloods etc this morning, so his operation was delayed for a while. Think I've just hit the wall, mentally. It's so hard seeing your baby suffer like this and not be able to help in any way. We've been told that the fluid collection can be one of the complications with this type of surgery and it can re-collect at anytime even when we go home, bummer! They even have to re-admit some children after they go home because of this.
We pick Christopher up from recovery after his surgery and we're told they've only put one drain in around his heart.  It's because when they entered his chest, fluid spurted out all over the theatre floor, so I think they think a lot of it is out now. There was nearly a litre, that's a massive amount, very dangerous amount. They certainly didn't expect that and it's left everyone very shocked. Anyway Christopher is made up he's only had one drain put in. So are we, but I am slightly concerned that they didn't put three in because I've got a funny feeling about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment