me

me
Before/After

Thursday 25 August 2011

Saturday 16th July

Christopher has had his last drain removed this morning and he's been moved off ICU back to the ward K2. Back on the ward they tell Christopher he's set a new ward record for drain removal after a fontan operation, he's thrilled lol. Christopher has an echo and they pick up that he has fluid on both lungs and his heart. They say they're going to keep an eye on it over the next few days and that the fluid around his heart is only minor. Christopher worryingly has gained 16lb in weight in the last 4 days without eating anything, I'm not that happy, hmmmm starting to worry once again. One of the doctors on the ward keeps annoying me because he keeps saying 'but how accurate do we think Christopher's pre-op weight is'?, very annoying as I'm his Mummy and I can see with my on eyes how swollen and uncomfortable Christopher has become. He looks like the Michelin Man, no joke! The positives of the day are- the Sister off ICU took me aside before we were moved and told me that she thought Christopher looked amazing for a fontan operation and that fontan children are usually sickly, weak looking children and my Christopher looks totally opposite. We're having a great day compliment wise hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment